Don't want to type your concern or question, talk to a patient survivor on the phone! HOPEline 800-579-1970
September 01, 2014, 06:35:19 AM PDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Save the Date - 2014 Poker Tournament!
RSN's 5th Annual "Beat The Odds" Celebrity Charity Texas Hold-Em Poker Tournament. Saturday, November 8th, 2014 at the Glendale Civic Auditorium.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register RSN Home The HOPEline RSNhope store  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stage 4 Kidney Failure with breast cancer...  (Read 1956 times)
KSkaggs
« on: June 28, 2011, 05:16:07 PM PDT »

My mom was diagnosed with Kidney Failure some time ago.  She is now at stage four heading into stage five.  Today she had a mammogram and ultrasound for a lump on her breast.  She has had breastcancer before (many years ago).  She is diabetic, anemic, suffers high blood pressure, and has seizures among other medical issues.  I am extremely alarmed and worried.   Does anyone know someone who has been through this and survived with other significant medical issues?  I need to be prepaired for what is coming and hearing experiences others have had may help me do that...Huh?

View Profile Logged
timbug2
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 05:24:28 PM PDT »

Welcome to KidneySpace, KSkaggs

I have only gone through kidney failure, anemia, and high blood pressure, but I did want to send you and your mother my well wishes. There are many others here who have diabetes and perhaps they will share their story with you. In the mean time, I will hope that when your mother's results come back, the findings will be benign. Please keep us posted.

View Profile Logged

Timbug2
hemo dialysis - 6years
transplant - October 2007
BJ275
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 09:54:52 PM PDT »

She is diabetic, anemic, suffers high blood pressure, and has seizures among other medical issues.  I am extremely alarmed and worried.   
Welcome! I hope you will find lots of support here! 
Being diabetic, having anemia and high blood pressure all goes along with having kidney disease, or I should say it's not surprising that those issues are present along with her kidney disease. Often they go hand-in-hand. She should be getting treatment for all of those.  Not sure about the seizures, if they fit kidney disease or not. 
I'm sorry I don't have experience with surviving cancer along with all her other medical issues, but there may be people here who do. 
It's understandable that you're alarmed and worried!  We all are when confronted with such news! Make a list of the questions you'd like answers to for the next time you see the doctor.  Look at all the resources offered by Renal Support Network, and call if you'd like someone to talk to who has been through some of the same issues. Patient HOPEline - (800) 579-1970 - 10 am to 8 pm PST.

keep in touch!

View Profile Logged

Polycystic Kidney Disease
Blessed with a transplant May 2010
kayleah
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 07:52:48 PM PDT »

So sorry you mom has to endure so many challenges at once.  I would make sure she has a really good involved primary care physician.  With so many medically specialties to interact, it is nice to have someone to keep the big picture in mind and make sure there is comprehensive cohesive communication.  We want to hear more about your mom's progress.

View Profile WWW Logged

Be blessed and not stressed.
berniejoanne
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 11:54:32 PM PDT »

I am really sorry to hear that your mom is suffering from so many ailments, I have found a great support system on this website with people who will offer you advice and support to help you to get through this awful time in both your moms and your lives.  I personally look after my father who is now in stage five renal failure, he also has high blood pressure, diabetes, heart problems and hardening of the arteries, he has chosen not to have dialysis so is being managed with medication.  We have been dealing with the kidney failure for about a year now and he has good days and bad days you just have to make sure you have a good support system either from family or health care professionals and also look after your own health as it is easy to lose sight of this while you are caring for a sick relative.  Is your mom going to have dialysis?  Good luck and keep talking and getting advice from here.
Bernadette

View Profile Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: